Holiday With Us! Booking Conditions
Please take a few minutes to read through the following LJ Hooker Sussex Inlet booking conditions
Guests are advised that failure to meet these Terms and Conditions may result in charges against the security deposit
Tariffs & Payment
- Payment of the rental deposit constitutes the guest’s acceptance of these Booking Conditions.
- The booking fee is non-refundable (amount varies on different properties, $50,$75 & $100.)
- The 50% deposit and booking fee are required within 5 days of making the tentative booking.
- If a deposit is not paid by the due date, your booking is subject to cancellation.
- A 0.99% EFT fee will apply to credit card transactions.
- Balance of rental must be paid prior to occupancy.
- Receipts for payment of bookings by cheque or direct deposit are issued subject to clearance.
- We do not accept more than one booking in the same name on the same arrival date. All bookings must have different booking details
- Advance bookings are subject to change without notice.
- Security bond up to $500.00 and Credit Card; Visa or Mastercard ONLY accepted (not debit cards) details as well as a copy of a driver’s license will be held until inspection after the premises are vacant
- If no damage has occurred, or no extra cleaning is required, bond money will be refunded to your nominated bank account and credit card details will be destroyed within two weeks.
- An increased security bond may be required for group bookings at our discretion
- Keys can only be collected from our office after 2p.m.
- Premises must be vacated by 10a.m otherwise a $50.00 late fee will apply.
- If you are arriving after office hours and wish for the keys to be left it is your responsibility when booking to arrange for your late arrival. A locked security box is located on the driveway on the side of our office, a code will be given to you on full payment prior to your arrival, so you may retrieve the keys after 5pm and no later than 10pm. Reconfirm these details between 9a.m. & 4p.m. on your arrival day along with your estimated time of arrival.
- Guests are granted a limited permission to occupy the Property for holiday purposes only
- This is not a residential tenancy agreement under the residential tenancy legislation
- All guests must conduct themselves in a proper manner so as not to cause nuisance, including excessive noise, or interfere with the use or enjoyment of the property for other occupiers or neighbouring properties. Unruly, loud or offensive behaviour will not be tolerated. If complaints are received you will be asked to leave the property immediately with no refund of monies. If our staff, or the police are called to the property to deal with complaints or to give you a warning – a fee of $300 will be charged. For the purpose of this term, noise disruption includes loud behaviour of any type that disrupts the peace and quiet of others, intrusive and abusive behaviour, loud music or any other sounds affecting residents, that is audible outside the boundaries of the property.
- The number of persons occupying the premises is restricted to the number of people advertised for which there is only bedding for. (Extra guests are not permitted and WILL BE EVICTED, as will those who are booked to stay.) Breaching this condition will lead to additional charges.
- Strictly no caravans or tents are permitted on the property
- Guests and Visitors must comply with parking regulations and show consideration to neighbours at all times
- No liability is accepted for any injury, debt, damage, loss, delay, expense or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by events beyond the agent or owners control. No responsibility is taken for guest’s property left on or near the premises. It is recommended that guests take out personal property insurance or adequate travel insurance should any unexpected situation arise before or during your travel period. Ensure that the property is locked at all times when you are not in attendance including vacating.
- Should a guest lock themselves out of the property or misplace keys a minimum $50 call out fee is applicable. If there is no agent available afterhours you will have to contact a locksmith and pay them directly for the service at your own cost, there will be no re-imbursement for this.
- GAS BOTTLE REFILL – please do not leave the BBQ gas bottle empty on departure. If it runs out while using it please contact our office to receive a voucher, if this occurs after hours please keep your receipt of refill to be reimbursed by the office.
Condition of premises
- Premises are let on the condition that they are kept clean & tidy at all times and are left in a clean & tidy condition when vacating. Please ensure that kitchen & bathroom surfaces are clean, all floors are vacuumed, washing up is done & put away, all garbage bins are emptied & Otto bins must be placed on the kerb including on Monday night for collection. Charges apply for extra cleaning@ $40.00 per hour.
- Please take excess garbage to the local waste depot located in Springs Rd. Charges apply for disposal of excess rubbish left at the property @ $40.00 per hour plus tip fees.
- BBQ’s must be cleaned prior to vacating, a fee of $40.00 will be charged if this has not been done
- SMOKING - ALL PROPERTIES ARE SMOKE FREE ZONES INSIDE THE PROPERTY. There will be an extra cleaning charge @$40.00 per hour plus purchasing of products required, for any deodorising if a guest smokes inside a property
- Cigarette butts discarded into garden beds may incur an additional charge
- We hope you catch plenty of fish, but please clean them at the boat ramps, NOT at the premises.
- Furniture should not be moved around. If furniture is not placed in original position upon departure a fee will occur.
- No cancellation fee will be charged if notice to cancel is given within 7 days from the date of the confirmation email.
- If the property is re-let for the total period formerly booked by you, a cancellation fee of $100 and $50 booking fee will be charged and the balance refunded
- If the property is NOT re-let for the total period formally booked by you, all monies paid by you will be forfeited.
- Guest’s must provide their own bed linen, towels, tea towels, basic toiletries, detergent, soap, washing powder, garbage bags and where specified, blankets. Waterproof mattress protectors must be provided for children’s beds where needed
- Linen must be used on all beds. Extra cleaning charges will apply if laundering of doona’s and mattress protectors are required if found that no linen had been used
- NO PETS are allowed on the premises without prior permission in writing from the property owner.
- If the property does allow dogs, you are required to Flea Bomb the inside of the house & clean all dog droppings before vacating. Flea bombs are available for purchase from our office.
- Failure to flea bomb may result in the house requiring professional pest control treatment Charges Will Apply. You will be charged for cleaning if dog hair is found in the house @ $40.00 per hour. A minimum charge of $50.00 will be charged, if dog droppings are found to be at the property after you vacate.
Faults & problems
- Unless a guest lodges a complaint/issue to our office within 48 hours upon arrival, they will be ineligible to attempt to claim compensation
- Any breakages, damage or lost keys must be reported as soon as possible and paid for. If any repairs are needed, L. J. Hooker Sussex Inlet should be notified immediately. The guest agrees to allow the agent or their nominee to enter the premises to arrange necessary repairs.
- All holiday properties under LJ Hooker Sussex Inlet management are privately owned. In the event of faults and/or malfunctions of inclusions, there is no obligation from the owner or LJ Hooker Sussex Inlet to compensate or discount
- LJ Hooker Sussex Inlet will accept no responsibility for any inconvenience with machinery breakdown. The agent’s best endeavours to repair, replace or hire an alternative will be undertaken.
Properties for sale
- When a booking is made, the deposit is accepted for the owner at the time. If the property is put on the market for sale before your stay and the ownership changes, we cannot guarantee that the property will remain available. A full refund will be provided if this is the case.
- we cannot accept responsibility for decisions made by the owner
- If a property is sold, guests will be notified, and we will endeavour to organise alternative accommodation
- LJ Hooker Sussex Inlet participates in the Bad Books register. By accepting this booking you hereby agree that if you or any occupant covered by this booking, including any guests, breach our Terms and Conditions then your Name, Phone Number and Email address along with details of the breach/breaches may be disclosed to the property landlord and/or other agents participating in the Bad Books register. LJ Hooker Sussex Inlet reserves the right to cancel a booking where a guest is already in the Bad Books register.
- All properties are described as accurately as possible and are all spoken by in good faith. No responsibility is taken for any error, omissions or misdescription.
- The deposit monies may be released from our trust account prior to your stay.